Sunday, October 7, 2012

I TAKE PICTURES!

In case you forgot somehow...

Friends and family (Lance especially) have been nagging me for months that I should pursue photography... to be 100% honest it is only recently that I've improved enough to take pictures that I would be willing to pay money for. I'm picky and extremely critical of my work, so the idea of having people pay me to photograph them and then be responsible for providing them with quality work is a task that seemed (and is still) daunting.

But I decided a few weeks back that I would give it a shot, and would only charge what I felt was fair. I'm not a professional by any means, but I enjoy it and you know what they say about doing what you love. Plus, I've been feeling the need to get out and do something that doesn't entirely involve my kids since Miles was born. Is that bad? I love them to the moon and back, but I think it's important to feel a purpose outside of the house... at least for me it is.

So then there was the task of naming myself. I wanted something more than Firstname Lastname Photography, because besides my friends in the business (of whom I have a few), I have a hard time remembering most photographers who just use their names. I also read somewhere that (for obvious reasons) 'named' businesses are more memorable, and tend to get more business. Obviously my work is going to reflect me more than the name, but I also wanted the name... okay I'm talking in circles now.

Eventually I settled on 'Wild at Heart (Photography by Caitlyn Blake)'. I'm very happy with it. It reminds me of Wyatt every time I hear it or see it, because I don't think there is a better way to describe him.

So without further ado, I give you some of my favorites from this summer... oh, and the little one with the dark hair and stuff, that is Mr. Miles himself :)



Presenting Mr. Miles Ernest!









These are from back in June for Wyatt's 18 month shoot



And fun on the trampoline :)



No comments:

Post a Comment